Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What You Can and Can't Do On Your Tax Return: It Depends on Facts and Circumstances


Answers to tax questions seem like they should be simple and they should be in most cases.  However, the way the US Tax Code is written the answer can vary depending on your particular situation.  The answer for Johnny down the street won't necessarily be the same for you and your circumstances.

At a recent IRS Seminar it was repeated often that the answers to questions about tax situations always "depends on facts and circumstances."  So as my first blog post you need to realize that my posts will contain general information and what applies to your tax situation "depends on facts and circumstances."  So to get a real answer to your tax questions you will need to take time to give a tax professional like myself the full picture of your situation.  It is better to have a CPA tax professional that you talk to regularly who can get to know your situation and what you want to accomplish and advise you accordingly than it is to go it alone and then hire a CPA to bail you out of trouble.  It costs much more to bail you out of trouble than it does to hire a CPA to regularly take care of your tax returns and reporting requirements.

I am a licensed CPA and I have been preparing tax returns for the public for over 13 years.  I get to know each of my clients well and communicate with them throughout the year.  Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you.


Jeff Haywood, CPA
The CPA Superhero
972-439-1955
jeff.jhtaxes@gmail.com
twitter.com/jeffhaywoodCPA
twitter.com/taxesforxpats